Depression Is Real
If you’ve ever had a discussion with someone about depression, you may have heard things like:
- Depression isn’t real
- It’s all in your head
- You just need to get over it
- Everyone gets depressed once in a while, what’s the big deal?
- Depression is something women get, not real men
- Depression means you are weak
- People just want to take pill and not deal with life’s challenges
The problem with statements like these is they aren’t based on facts. The truth is that depression is a recognized health condition, as legitimate as high cholesterol or a broken bone. And like these conditions, it requires treatment.
Depression IS real. And it takes a real man to face it.
Next: Men & Depression